Education in Portugal
Under the co-operation programmes established with each of the countries with Portuguese as the official language, grants are awarded annually for university and polytechnic education.
- To train young professionals in areas which are a priority for the development of their country of origin;
- To give priority to applications for courses not available in local teaching establishments.
Students who are nationals and residents in Portuguese-speaking African countries and East Timor (not Portuguese citizens) but wish to attend higher education courses in Portugal.
Training in Portuguese language countries (PLOP)
- To train young professionals in areas which are a priority for the development of their country of origin:
- To contribute to the sustainable development of local education;
- To help solving the ‘brain drain’ problem.
Students who are PLOP nationals looking to access higher education or the final years of secondary school education in their own country of origin.