Portuguese Language Training
Camões, I.P. runs the following priority programmes for the development of the Portuguese language, as used by about 240 million people:
- Initial training of teachers of Portuguese with undergraduate qualifications;
- Continuous training of teachers, whether under distance, hybrid or on-site learning;
- Linguistic training of future personnel for multiple professional areas, from medicine to international relations, economics to law, amongst others;
- Initial and continuous training for translators and interpreters;
- Research and post-graduate studies specialising in the areas of literature and other arts, history and sociology of the populations of Portuguese language users.