Enterprise for the Promotion of the Portuguese Language
What is the EPLP? [Enterprise for the Promotion of the Portuguese Language]
The promotion of Portuguese as an international language is one of the main goals of the Portuguese foreign policy. Promoting Portuguese as an international language also goes hand in hand with the internationalization process of Portuguese enterprises that may benefit from linking their trademarks and products to the worldwide value of the Portuguese language.
With a view to attaining this common goal, Regulatory Decree 3/2017, of 28th April 2017 established the legal concept of Empresa Promotora da Língua Portuguesa (EPLP), [Enterprise for the Promotion of the Portuguese Language].
How can an enterprise become an EPLP?
Any enterprise wishing to become an EPLP is required to make a donation to promote the Portuguese language. This may be done namely by offering scholarships or by financially supporting chairs and lectureships in further education institutions.
An EPLP may
- display 'Empresa Promotora da Língua Portuguesa' in all its presentations and promotional activities
- be publicly acknowledged as an EPLP enterprise on Camões, I.P.website
- have its enterprise name or trademark listed as a sponsor of scholarships, research projects, lectureships or chairs
- have priority access to distance or face-to-face language training programmes offered by Camões, I.P
- enjoy support from the external network of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, of Camões, I.P., and of AICEP
- have its donations fall under the patronage tax benefits regime.
|Portuguese language teaching||Funding of a Portuguese language teacher under cooperation agreements or lectureships in foreign institutions||10.000€ - 50.000€|
|Portuguese Language Centres||Funding of teaching facilities, general and special purposes Portuguese language courses, and staff training. Facilities comprehend a library, a video library, a media library, and a language lab.||Setting up: 12.000€
Development of research projects in the following areas:
|Scholarships for Portuguese Language and Culture Programmes||
Portuguese language and culture programmes funding:
|First-degree scholarships||Funding further education degrees taught in Portugal and in Portuguese.||Total per year (12 months): 7.020,00€|
|Master’s-degree scholarships||Funding further education degrees taught in Portugal and in Portuguese.||Total per year (12 months): 9.895,00€|
|PhD scholarships||Funding further education degrees taught in Portugal and in Portuguese.||Total per year (12 months): 12.365,00€|